5.3 iOS AppThinning Error

Hi fellows,
I’m in a bit of trouble with building an AR for iOS. I’m using Windows and remotely building on macOS machine. When I build a development build everything works fine and I can install the build on a device via iTune. However I want to prepare a build for testFlight so that I can send it to a client to test it.
I’m changing to Distribution certs and provisioning profile in Unreal on WIndows and on xcode on the macOS, change the packing to distribution and the build completes succesfully without any complains. However when I try to upload it to App Store Connect it get the following error:
While processing your iOS app errors occurred in the app thinning process, and your app couldn’t be thinned. If your app contains bitcode, bitcode processing may have failed. Because of these errors, this build of your app will not be able to be submitted for review or placed on the App Store. For information that may help resolve this issue, see Tech Note 2432.

I’m new to the whole iOS packaging so I understand it might be just me beeing unexperienced. Still, I would greatly appreciate if someone can point me where my mistake might be.

Thanks.
Dimitar

3 Likes

Don’t suppose you found a solution to this?
I have an issue where I am getting the build uploaded but it remains ‘Processing’ under the Builds tab for weeks now. Apple aren’t able to help but they did ask me to try this thinning process, I don’t know really how to do this but I also don’t get the error you do.

Not sure if this will help you but this worked for me!
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/17kny3s/comment/k96f15d/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

…Added this to additional plist data in project settings. Looked at some of the possible reasons provided by apple. From looking at ue5 source code, it sets CFBundleSupportedPlatforms to “iPhoneOS iPhoneSimulator”, which might’ve been what was causing the error.

<key>CFBundleSupportedPlatforms</key><array><string>iPhoneOS</string></array>\n

3 Likes

This worked for me,
Thank you!!

This worked for me too!!

Anyone know why though? Would love to understand what this does so I’m not totally reliant upon random text from the internet lol