[5.3.2] > [5.4] Broken Plugin help please

Does anyone know why this plugin is broken in 5.4? It works and compiles fine in 5.3.2

It goes from this in 5.3.2 :

To This in 5.4 :

Tried to clean the project by deleting the binaries .vs intermediate and saved folders and re-generating it all hasn’t helped.

Any ideas?

So far it looks like your plugin isn’t compiling

Open up your uproject file in any text editor and check if the version is set correctly
it should have:

"EngineAssociation": "5.4",

Also have you already added any c++ class from the editor to your 5.4 project or did you just copy over the plugin folder to a fresh project?

If it’s still in blueprint form then it will ignore the plugins folder. (though if you mention binaries then it’s probably c++)

EngineAssociation is set to 5.4

The plugin was one I found ages ago on github it’s C++.
If I disable the plugin then the project compiles fine (aside from being broken as all the SQLite3 blueprints no longer work)
I’m scratching my head as to why it compiles fine in 5.3.2 but when I copy the project and upgrade it to 5.4 it breaks the plugin.

Shame there are no blueprint nodes built in for SQLite3

You are missing

#include "CoreMinimal.h"

inside of your header, that is why you are getting errors with UFUNCTION, UCLASS and basic descriptors. There is no core file to handle their macro definitions.

put it just below
#pragma once

something like this:

#pragma once

#include "CoreMinimal.h"
#include "Kismet/BlueprintFunctionLibrary.h"
// add rest of includes
#include "SQLiteBlueprintFunctionLibrary.generated.h"

/// rest of code

Are you sure you are not just missing some modules in the build file? (missing dependencies)
How does the 5.4 one look compared to the 5.3?

1 Like

5.4 removed Unity builds, so as 3dRaven pointed out, there will be missing includes - just go through any errors (from the error log or build log), google the objects that are undefined and add the include shown in the Epic Documentation.

#include "CoreMinimal.h"

This fixed the includes not being found correctly, I did have to rescan the solution to make it figure it out :grin:

Now I just need to fix an error code 6 and hopefully I can get it to compile :smiley: