[5.3.1] SetThreadDescription on server Build

Hello,

I’ve updated my project to 5.3.1; it seems to work fine so far, but I’ve got an issue.
Only on the server build do I get an “entry point setthreaddescription not found” notification. I can just hit the OK button, and the server seems to run as normal.

What might cause the issue? Did someone had a similar problem?

The log-file has this at the beginning:

Log file open, 10/08/23 19:36:56
LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
LogProfilingDebugging: Loading WinPixEventRuntime.dll for PIX profiling (from ../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64).
LogWindows: Failed to load '../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64/WinPixEventRuntime.dll' (GetLastError=127)
LogProfilingDebugging: Error: Failed to get WinPixEventRuntime.dll handle: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet. (0)
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VSPerf160.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VSPerf160.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Custom abort handler registered for crash reporting.
LogCore: Display: UnrealTraceServer: Unable to launch the trace store with '"../../../Engine//Binaries/Win64/UnrealTraceServer.exe" fork' (00000002)

The Notification was not present with UE 5.1

1 Like

Win 10, UE5.3.2, Not a C++ project (I think), first time installing 5x and first project loaded - I get this error.
UE5.3.2 project start error

I searched and people with C++ projects and UE5.0 preview had this issue.
Their fix was to install 50GB worth of data for C++ “symbols”?

But I believe that my project is a “Blueprint project” from Market; and my install Options say the C++ symbols install would be 79GB. Im not wasting that space for C++ stuff that I dont need.

So someone tell us what is the real issue since it still hasnt been fixed in 5.3.2 (not preview)?

Anyone found a solution for this?

1 Like

Hey there? Any update on this?

Got the same problem on a VDI Rack? Never ever happened to me before.

Pls help!