4K Gaming

Hey everybody, so I just upgraded to Nvidia’s GTX 1080 and I must say I am very pleased with the performance. I know the card supports resolutions up to 7680x4320. However my current display does not support those resolutions. I’m actually not sure what the max resolution it supports is. I lost the documentation some time ago. Will Windows 10 recognize what your max resolution is and display it in the Display settings? As of right now the highest I can go is 1920x1080. That is also the case in any of my games graphical settings. I can only go as I high as 1920x1080. That is for Batman Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid V. I think those games support higher resolutions right?

What I really want to get is a curved 4K monitor. Any suggestions on what a good display is?

Windows will display all of the supported resolutions, so if 1920x1080 is the highest it has then that’s what the max resolution is. You’d probably know if your monitor was 4K since they aren’t common and you’d have to specifically look for that feature–and they’re more expensive.

I haven’t read any articles on the curved monitors. I just saw them in stores and they look like they might be good for gaming. For development though; I suppose not so good.

What about Nvidias Gsync enabled monitors? They are supposed to sync the refresh rate to the refresh rate of the GPU to help reduce screen tearing and artifacts. What do you think of those? Bad for development? I guess I’m looking for the best of both worlds.

What I think is probably useful for development will be something with a high color accuracy, like the Dell Ultrasharp monitors. High refresh rate is also nice, I have some 3D monitors that I don’t use the 3D feature but they are 144hz which makes working in 3D noticeably smoother.