The space between multi line text is gone in game when the text box is placed in a retainer box

Hello!

There is this annoying bug that was introduced somewhere between 4.20 and 4.25 (Not sure exactly when, but my project worked fine in 4.20 and was broken in 4.25 due to this bug)

When putting text inside a retainer box, the text is condensed and behaves weirdly when scrolling, compared to having the Retain Render turned off.

There is a bug report for it: UE-114934 But it’s marked as Unresolved and comment says “and this issue did not occur”.

It’s very easy to replicate.

1. Create a new widget
  2. Add a retainer box
  3. Add a multi line text inside the box
  4. Write lots of text
  5. Add widget to viewport
  6. Play the game

Here is my basic setup:

One box got Retain Render ON and the other is OFF. Otherwise they are exact copies

This is the result:

As you can see, the one with Retain Render on is much more condensed. This did not happen before, and is clearly not expected.

It would be amazing if this could be fixed as soon as possible, since my project heavily relies on this feature, thus making it impossible to release the game until this is fixed :confused:

Thank you! Let me know if I can supply more info.

//Joakim

1 Like

Check this post: RichText widgets in Retainer boxes broken in 4.26, reverting the corresponded commit of your engine code would work.