SetCollisionEnabled not replicating

Hello, I’m having an issue with collision. I have a Player Pawn with a set of FP arms and a player. When I play kill the player the animation plays however my arms have no animation (I have not assigned one) instead I want them to just have no collision since they aren’t visible to other players anyways. The problem is that for some reason this functionality doesn’t replicate to clients. The server has no collision with them however other clients do. My code is as follows.

This creates the arms and camera component.

// Setup the player camera
	FirstPersonCamera = CreateDefaultSubobject<UCameraComponent>(TEXT("FirstPersonCamera"));
	FirstPersonCamera->SetupAttachment(RootComponent);
	FirstPersonCamera->bUsePawnControlRotation = true;

// Setup the first person hands
	MeshComp = CreateDefaultSubobject<USkeletalMeshComponent>(TEXT("MeshComp"));
	MeshComp->SetupAttachment(FirstPersonCamera);
	MeshComp->SetCollisionEnabled(ECollisionEnabled::NoCollision);
	MeshComp->bCastDynamicShadow = false;
	MeshComp->CastShadow = false;

As you can see I call “MeshComp->SetCollisionEnabled(ECollisionEnabled::NoCollision);” and this works perfectly fine on the server. Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh, just to mention I’ve read this Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-18622) which is exactly my issue it seems… Is there any alternative way of doing what I wish to achieve? Even destroying MeshComp would be fine however DestroyComponent doesn’t seem to work in the same way. It only works on the server, not the client.

Hi SynWreck,

Instead of disabling collision like that, what happens if you set the collision profile name to “NoCollision”?

Hi SynWreck,

We haven’t heard from you in a while, so I’m going to mark this question as closed for tracking purposes. If you would like to open it up again, feel free to leave a comment.