[4.9] SaveGame class doesn't see function from Blueprint Function Library

№ 9
Title: [4.9] SaveGame class doesn’t see function from Blueprint Function Library.

Importance: Major.

Branch: Binary.

Build version:
Version: 4.9.0-2672455+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9
Version: 4.9.0-2641355+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9

System Specs:
Additional specification will be provided by request.

Attachments:
It will be provided by request.

Detailed description of the issue:
Objects were created from SaveGame class or inherited from derived SaveGame class doesn’t see function from BlueprintFunctionLibrary.
Most probably WorldContext Object reference was lost.

Screenshots/Link to video: It will be provided by request.

Reproduction steps:

1. Create a new blank project.
  2. Create a SaveGame BP.
  3. Create a Blueprint Function Library BP.
  4. Open a SaveGame BP and try to add a function from a Blueprint Function Library BP.
  5. Make sure that there is no any function from created BP library.

Frequency: 100%

Expected behavior:

Hello,

I was able to reproduced this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-19965) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Hello, Rudy.
This bug have stoped my project development, so fixing this bug is quite important for me.
I was glad to see 4.9 has been realized today. Unfortunately, the problem were not solved, yet.
May I know UE-19965 status and priority?

Hello,

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. The issue that had previously been reported was actually a fix to a previous incorrect functionality. Not being able to access the function libraries with in the the save game is by design. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

mini-necro-bump, is this still the case? can you explain why this is by design? it seems arbitrarily limiting. thanks