[4.9] Reset Blueprint to default values doesn't work

Hi there,

when I make changes to the properties of an actor, it’s not possible to reset them back to their default values, it just doesn’t work.

Reproduction:

• Create new test project
  • Create Blueprint actor class, add a static mesh component ‘SM_Mesh’, leave the default mesh (white cube)

• Place instance of actor in level

• Configure the property SM_Mesh in the selected instance (change mesh to a sphere, change also the material):

• Now select ‘Edit Blueprint’ / ‘Reset Instance Changes to Blueprint Default’

As you can see, the instance is not reset, nothing happens.

Hi ,

I was able to reproduce this on my end and have entered a bug report, UE-21107, to be assessed by the development staff.

Thank you.

version 4.10 and it still does not work !!

Hi Adder1812,

This bug report is still under assessment. Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be made available. You can find out what fixes have been implemented into an engine version in the [Announcement and Releases][1] section of the forums, where we post release notes and hotfix updated.

[1]:

Just try what happens if you click on the other option there… :wink:

One could think, resetting a blueprint might be a basic functionality, worth a bugfix after 3 months…

I’m having the same issue, hope this gets cleared up soon!

Why was this issue resolved as Won’t Fix? Is deleting and replacing (and fixing all of the Level Blueprints) the only fix?

Hey BinarySoloChad-

I wanted to point out that using the “Revert Instance Changes to Blueprint Default” option will revert any changes that are shown in the blueprint’s Class Defaults tab. I am currently investigating if this should apply to changes made to a blueprint instance’s components as well.

Hey ,
Perhaps make it an additional Button to reset the components too?
I could use that feature currently :slight_smile: