(this is a follow up toanswers.unrealengine.com/questions/302535/49-reset-blueprint-to-default-values-doesnt-work.html)
When renaming a component of a blueprint, the values are reset to default.
- Create new test project
- Create Blueprint actor class, add a static mesh component ‘SM_Mesh’, leave the default mesh (white cube)
- Place instance of actor in level
- Configure the property SM_Mesh in the selected instance (change mesh to a sphere, change also the material)
- Now open the Blueprint again, change the name of ‘SM_Mesh’ to ‘SM_Mesh_renamed’.
- Instead of just renaming the component, all values of the instance are reset to default
I deleted my original post as it was actually meant for the bug report you have linked above. I was also able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UE-21109, to be assessed by the development staff.
Any news on this bug UE-21109 ?
i get rekt again by changing two variable name and i lost all my child blueprint value
the bug is still here and its really annoying !
This bug is still under assessment by the development staff. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented.