[4.9 P2][4.8.3] Converted interface function have weird behaviour

№ 2

Title: [4.9 P1][4.8.3] Converted interface function have weird behaviour.

Importance: Medium.

Branch: Binary

Build version:
Version: 4.8.3-2634408+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.8
Version: 4.9.0-2633546+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9
Version: 4.9.0-2641355+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9

System Specs:
Additional specification will be provided by request.

Attachments: It will be provided by request.

Detailed description of the issue:
Editor create corrupted function after interface was removed. It is bad cause created produce hard catch errors and most time work wrong.
I have tested this in 4.8.1,4.8.2,4.8.3,4.9 and got different corrupted version of function. :slight_smile:
In last engine version the converted function looks fine except input and output variables can’t be deleted because it is not present in function details.
But all input and output variables saved and present on graph.

Screenshots/Link to video: It will be provided by request.

Reproduction steps:

1. Create new blank project.
  2. Create actor BP.
  3. Create interface BP with function which take and return values.
  4. Implement interface on created actor BP class.
  5. Remove interface function. UE4 blueprint editor should offer to create functions like removed interface has.
  6. After replaced function has been created make sure that haven’t proper input and return values.

Frequency: 100%

Expected behavior:
Maybe I am wrong and it is not bug, but feature. In this case could you please give some explanation or explanation link?

Hi ,

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end. When I removed the interface and compiled the blueprint the function replaced correctly. Do you have any additional steps I can take to reproduce this on my end?

Nope, the steps is same. I have attached the screen shot.

Does you noticed the converted function “have not” contain input and output variables in a details panel on class BP?
I have reproduced this bug step by step using my instruction. If you could not reproduce it I will able to upload the project for you.

Hi ,

I still haven’t been able to reproduce this. Can you upload the project? I’ll be happy to take a look.

Hello, .
Thank you for your help. I had created and attached folder to this comment. I hope this help you to investegate the problem.

link text

P.s. Project has been created in 4.9P2

Hi ,

I haven’t been able to reproduce this error with the project. When I removed the interface from the blueprint and transfer the function information, it all appears as I would expect. You can see this here:

Hello, .
Please check the details panel of this function.
Could you please delete this input and output parameters(bool New Param *) in converted function?
Could you please set a default values for input parameters?

I think the problem is a converted function can’t be edited like common one.
Please confirm, does this converted function behaviour expected?
At least it should be showed with filling by grey color.

Hi ,

I was finally able to reproduce this internally and have entered a bug report, UE-19946, to be assessed by the development staff.