4.9 Has Broken my game!

Hi,
4.9 has broken my game but I need it package my game onto Android because 4.8 gives me errors.

The game worked fine on 4.8

I followed this tutorial to make an endless runner - https://www…com/watch?v=yS-yQfo0lc0&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gbY4FN8pZuEPVC9PzQThNn1

The messages I am getting are these:

Error Cannot access ‘BP_FloorTile_C_90’. It is pending kill. Property: ‘K2Node_DynamicCast_AsBP_Floor_Tile’ from node Get Attatch Transform in graph ‘AddFloorTile’ in blueprint RunGameMode

Info Play in editor start time for /Game/ThirdPersonBP/Dale_Menu/UEDPIE_0_menu 0.533

It looks like you are destroying the floortile and after destroying it you are trying to pull some data from the actor. You should always destroy an actor at the end of a function as opposed to in the middle of it.

Hi!

In UE 4.9 in node Spawn Actor From Class appeared a new attribute “Collision Handling Override”. You should set this attribute to Default. Open the RunGameMode blueprint and fix it.

Problem solved thank you!

4.9 is still in it’s experimental stages, bugs and issues are to be expected, and you will likely run into problems if you are packaging with preview versions of the engine.

I have made them to default and againt nothings changing :slight_smile:

I am also facing a similar problem. I am using version 4.11.2 and I have changed the collision thing to default but still not able to spawn the floor tile. Please help me out with this

I had the same problem and fixed it by changing the game mode from “RunGameMode” back to “ThirdPersonGameMode”. Apparently, renaming it in the first place did not rename all references.

@ answer fixed my problem, renaming the game mode broke something !