[4.9] Can't interact with 3d widget. BUG?

I’m using 3d widget inside a blueprint actor and it doesn’t detect any touch or click events. However, when I created something same in 4.8 and it worked fine. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

Please help.

Thank You

Hello ,

After doing some digging I was able to find that this is a known issue (UE-20777) and that it has been reported to the developers for further consideration. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Thanks @ for a quick response.

Will we be seeing a hotfix for this or do you think that we’ll have to wait a long while before 4.10 is released just for a feature critical bug?

Hello sbnewsom,

Could you test this in the 4.10 preview and let me know if this issue is still occurring for you? I tested this on my end and it appears to be working. As for the question about the hot fix, a hot fix is usually reserved for critical issues that are causing major crashes and that are effecting many users. Now that the 4.10 preview is out there will most likely not be any further hot fixes for 4.9. This is due to the fact that you can cherry pick solutions from the new versions of the engine through github. I hope that this information helps.

Note: Though the issue may not be happening in the 4.10 preview, we do not recommend using a preview build for active development. Preview builds are considered unstable and should be reserved for testing purposes only.

Make it a great day

Hi Rudy,
I’m having similar issue with 3d umg 4.10, can’t interact. Same issue was on 4.9. Also find out On beginCursorOver
and OnEndCursorOver on movable Mesh (Actor) doesn’t work either on 4.10. It use to work fine on 4.8. Spend few days on this getting no result.

Hello ,

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. It appears that you are correct in that this issues status has not yet been updated to fixed. However, I will be sure to bump up the community interest for this issue. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Thanks for getting back to me Rudy, will have to wait for the next update. Any idea when will that be?

There is not a current time frame in place for the resolution or implementation of a solution for this issue. However, please feel free to check on this thread for future updates.