[4.9.2] Crash when launch

Hi,

I was using Unreal with my project without problems, I then my PC because other software was running bad. Once in Windows again, I launched the engine with my project and it crashed instantly. It works with other projects but not with my main.

I have tried redownlading and reinstalling it, but nothing.

Here is the log:

MachineId:B7FAB6654ECD6B97247E4DB806C975A6
EpicAccountId:3e34d9e250fb4c2fac887ce200b16a23

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\LinkerLoad.cpp] [Line: 4193] 
Bad name index -98

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::operator<<() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4193]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!operator<<() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\propertytag.h:82]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UStruct::SerializeTaggedProperties() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:836]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::SerializeScriptProperties() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:984]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::Serialize() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:926]
UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node_Variable::Serialize() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\blueprintgraph\private\k2node_variable.cpp:22]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::Preload() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3143]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!EndLoad() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1251]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1041]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Map_Load() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:2335]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::HandleMapCommand() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5823]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Exec() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorserver.cpp:5317]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Exec() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedsrv.cpp:743]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:2014]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorFileUtils::LoadDefaultMapAtStartup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\filehelpers.cpp:3215]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FUnrealEdMisc::OnInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedmisc.cpp:299]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealed.cpp:86]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

And here the DxDiag: DxDiag

Hi darxen,

• When did this crash start occurring in your main project?
  • If you remove the blueprints folder from your content browser, do you get the same crash?
  • What steps did you take just before the crash started occurring?
  • Can you upload your project logs, they are found at \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\logs.
  • Is this a blueprint or c++ project?
  • Did you get the project from the launcher or github?

It start occurring after a

I can’t try now, but I’ll do it.

Just opened the project.

I can’t now, I’m not at the office.

Is a blueprint project.

I get it from a perforce repository.

Tried to remove the BP’s folder and it crashes too.

However, I’ve deleted all the project and downloaded it from the repository and it works know. Damm it, I had to have tried this before posting, sorry about that :frowning:

It’s solved, but don’t know what was the error. Corrupted files? I have no idea.

Hi Darxen,

I’m a bit confused. Are you no longer experiencing this error?

I’m happy to hear this isn’t occurring any longer. It sounds like you may have had some corrupt files as you suggested. For now, I will mark this as answered for tracking purposes. If you end up seeing this error again, please post with the updated information and we can continue trying to debug what is occurring.

Ok, thank you for all.