4.8 p2 FPS

Windows 8.1. Still can’t a FPS simple map to start. From the template. This preview is still full of bugs.

Hey ,

Are you able to open a blank template? Does the editor crash when you try to open any template? Could you open any template in any other version of the Editor? Also, could you please provide us with your DxDiag ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

All the other templates work. Here is a link to the log file https://drive…com/open?id=0B8oZFWQFf8T1OGZiTHltWmhtOWs&authuser=0

Hey,

Could you please open that link up for viewing? It’s currently set to private so I’m not able to look at the that you’ve submitted.

Thank you!

Try this
https://drive…com/folderview?id=0B8oZFWQFf8T1flV6bmQwVW5tenhtZV9zQ1pmdWxzMWYtS25FdVp6Vk5GaEEwS2d3V3lWWDg&usp=sharing

Hey ,

Can you please verify that the that you sent were actually from a crashed version of First Person Template? Reviewing the , it looks as if you’ve opened First Person Template, ran it in PIE and then closed PIE. We do not see any errors within these , so we need to verify where they came from.

With that being said, I want to also verify that you’re not able to open First Person Template at all? Are you able to create a new version of First Person Template and it loads up fine, or does the new created version crash? Or are you opening an existing First Person Template project which is crashing on you?

In the meantime, could you please go to the Epic Games Launcher, under the Library tab find your version of the Editor. Simply open the drop-down menu and click on ‘verify’. Once the editor has been verified, please try to create a new version of First Person Template and let me know if it crashes or not.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

I just had a crash from using the example map. I send the file. The FPT opens. It is version 4.8 p2.

Did you get the error files? Put a DM in the example map. Shoot it and the FPS locks up. I sent you the files.

Hey,

Where did you send the files to? I do not see any new files uploaded to this thread since yesterday. I’m also not able to recreate the same type of crash. You said you’ve added in a destructible mesh into FPS and it crashes the editor, right?

Are you able to crash any other template within the editor doing the same thing? Also, if you deleted your FPS template and created a new one, and entered the same destructible mesh, does it also crash?

Please provide us with the crash as soon as you’re able to, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I sent the crash report again. MachineId:
EpicAccountId:. When I shoot the DM the ball freezes and the editor locks up.

For whats is worth. When I set the projectile to simulate physics it fixes the problem. When I set the physics on the cube_dm this locks up the editor. Seems strange.

Hey ,

Unfortunately, we’re having some trouble with our CrashReporter at this time, which is something we’re diligently working on to resolve. However in the meantime, I am unable to pull up the which you have referenced with your Machine and Epic ID numbers.

I know that you said you’ve been able to fix this by simulating physics but I was wondering if you could upload the newer crash to your next reply so I can continue to look into this and to try and replicate a crash.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you!

For some reason I can’t get to crash. Setting the proj(sphere) to simulate physics did solve the problem.

Hey,

Thank you for giving me this information. I’ll continue to look over it and if I’m able to get the editor to crash while the physics aren’t simulating, I’ll be entering a bug.

Thanks!

Just got p3. Created a FPS. The example map is OK. Created a new map(default). The shooter does not show up. Looks like there is still a problem. I copied a special BP that I have created and the shooter appears and will destroy a DM. The editor does not crash.

Hey,

Thanks for keeping me updated with this. I’m glad that preview 3 is more stable. When you say that you’ve created a new map and the shooter did not appear, did you add the player into that level?

Thanks!

Hey ,

It’s been quite a while since I last heard from you and for that reason, I must ‘answer’ this thread at this time. However, if you have any further questions regarding this specific topic, please feel free to reply back and we will assist you further.

Thank you and have a great day!