[4.7p8] MobileContentScaleFactor produce black screen

Hello,

for values others than 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0, MobileContentScaleFactor produce a black screen on the device.

I tested on iPhone 5 and iPad 4.

For example (file DefaulDeviceProfiles.ini):

[iPad4 DeviceProfile]
+CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=1.6

This value don’t work. Screen is black, but the game is launched, because sounds and UI are functional.

Hey Eddy71,

A couple of quick questions.

What version of the engine are you using?

Could you please provide me with your dxdiag if on a PC, or your system specs if you are using a Mac?

Thank you,

Hello Andrew,

Engine version is 4.7p8.

DxDiag is attached.

Hey Eddy71,

Thank you for the extra information.

Since we just pushed out the official 4.7 release, would you be able to test this on a new project with that version?

I am going to attempt to reproduce the issue you are reporting on my end within this version, and will report back here with my findings. If there any specifics about the steps I need to take please let me know.

Cheers,

Hi Andrew,

new tests with UE4.7.1 and iPad4 iOS 8.1.3. Results are same on a new blank project without changes :

MobileContentScaleFactor=2.0 => OK
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.6 => BLACK SCREEN
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.5 => OK
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.2 => BLACK SCREEN
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.0 => OK

Thanks,
Eddy

Hey Eddy,

Thank you for the update. I will make the developers aware of your report and move forward with the bug reporting process.

Thank you,

Hey again Eddy,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are reporting on an iPad4. I have entered a bug with the tag UE-11267 into our internal system. I made sure to make a note as well that if these values are not accepted, to clarify that within the Documentation pages.

If you have not had a chance to look at the Documentation page for this particular configuration, have a read over and see if you are overlooking anything as well.

Setting Device Profiles

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance please let us know.

Cheers,