4.7 source build failed to build

I’ve downloaded the source build from 4.7 branch today and it failed to build (using Development Editor Win64).

Was I right in downloading the 4.7 branch or should I’ve used the promoted or master branch instead? I’m looking for the latest “preview” version of 4.7, just from source instead of binary since I need the dedicated server.

Here are the errors:

f:\unrealengine-4.7\engine\source\editor\introtutorials\private\STutorialButton.h(29): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HandleButtonClicked_AssetRegistryChecker'
1>f:\unrealengine-4.7\engine\source\editor\introtutorials\private\STutorialButton.h(29): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>f:\unrealengine-4.7\engine\source\editor\introtutorials\private\STutorialButton.h(29): error C4183: 'HandleButtonClicked_AssetRegistryChecker': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(177): error C2653: 'FWidgetActiveTimerDelegate' : is not a class or namespace name
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(177): error C3861: 'RegisterActiveTimer': identifier not found
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(177): error C3861: 'CreateSP': identifier not found
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(183): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'STutorialButton::HandleButtonClicked_AssetRegistryChecker'
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(183): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(184): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(191): error C2825: 'EActiveTimerReturnType': must be a class or namespace when followed by '::'
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(191): error C2039: 'Continue' : is not a member of '`global namespace''
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(191): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Continue'
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(191): error C2065: 'Continue' : undeclared identifier
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(224): error C2825: 'EActiveTimerReturnType': must be a class or namespace when followed by '::'
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(224): error C2039: 'Stop' : is not a member of '`global namespace''
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(224): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Stop'
1>F:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\IntroTutorials\Private\STutorialButton.cpp(224): error C2065: 'Stop' : undeclared identifier

Hi CodeSpartan,

We do not currently have an equivalent of 4.7 Preview for source code builds. The 4.7 branch on GitHub, like the Master branch, is actively having code added to it, so at any given time there is a potential that it will be unstable, or even not build at all. The intention of the 4.7 Preview build on the Launcher is to give users a sneak peek at what is coming in 4.7, and help us to identify issues that our internal testing did not turn up. Since 4.7 has not been released yet, we do not recommend that it be used for active game development. However, we do encourage you to try it out and experiment with it. If you do run into any problems with it, please let us know (a list of currently known issues is being maintained on the forum).

If you want to try some of the upcoming features using a source code version of the Engine, you can give the Promoted branch a try. This branch is currently on version 4.8, but this branch goes through a quick internal test pass before any updates are sent to GitHub. That means that it does not receive updates as quickly as the 4.7 or Master branches, but it is usually a little more stable than either of those two branches. Keep in mind that we don’t recommend using Promoted for active game development either.

Thanks , this completely answers my question. I will give promoted branch a try, and I’ll keep in mind that it’s not as stable as the release build.