[4.7 Crash] Mac right click content browser

Hey,

This crash appears very often on right click in content browser.

And when there is no crash right click context menu disappears after about 3 seconds (not only context browser but everywhere even cascade).

And this crash happens when i get to click on some item: Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)Exception Codes: 0x000000000 - Pastebin.com

Right click menu is not usable in 4.7

Hi Footman,

I was not able to reproduce this crash on a MacBook Air. Does this happen in a new project, or only your existing project?

Can you give us your system specs (Apple Menu > About This Mac) and logs from your project after it crashes? You can find crash logs by opening Library (hold Option while in Finder’s Go menu) and going to Logs > Unreal Engine > YourProjectNameEditor. Then and attach them here. Thanks!

Hello,

Yes it happens with new project too. I have already pulled last commit and recompiled. So something is wrong with slate. It stacks, lags and crashes.

So I tested it a little bit more.

1. If Content Browser has it own tab (not submodule of main window) than everything is ok.
  2. If CB is part of window → right click for menu → move mouse over menu → menu disappears after 2 seconds
  3. If click on some item while CB is part of main window → often crash
  4. Cascade → right click to add module → move mouse over menu → menu disappears after 2 seconds → click on something before 2 seconds over → crash

So worst thing is that Cascade is unusable for me in 4.7

Mac OS 10.10

MacBook Pro (15 Zoll, Anfang 2011)

12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Crash logs are attached.

Like I got something from crashdumps that something dismiss menu automatically and even if I can click on something MenuStack in SlateApplication is already empty. So main reason is that that something destroys menu.

This may have something to do with these commits:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/dff6f46e3ebae02a9dc16eda5667839ae72e82ae

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/9388f4affa897642ba82c629ec827b809a53ba29

Deactivate OnWindowDidBecomeKey in MacApplication would help to prevent crash, but not working well than of course.

Yep that change is that cause this bug / crash : https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/dff6f46e3ebae02a9dc16eda5667839ae72e82ae

after revert destroy method everything works well.

No problem. Thank you too.

1. For 4.7 Editor Lags: I can not prove this but editor feels much laggier now, like there no CPU. I know my macbook is not best one but earlier it was much better. I think 4.5 was best performance. 4.6 was already worse and 4.7 is very laggy for me now.

2. Crash on stop play: Yes this crash still exists since 4.6. There is OnMouseLeave() that talks to already destroyed window.

Thanks for helping narrow it down! I’m investigating this currently, as I did not realize you were using latest 4.7 from GitHub. After reverting, do you still have problems you listed in your other posts? Specifically:

and

Hi Footman,

Thanks for all details in your report! I was able to reproduce this behavior using latest 4.7 branch, and have entered a bug report for developers (UE-8654). disappearing menu and crashes appear to be related. I’m glad you found a working commit for now. Keep in mind that 4.7 branch is being updated constantly and is not considered stable at moment. I’ll let you know when I see an update on this bug. Thanks again!

This should be fixed in latest 4.7 branch. Please let us know if you continue seeing this issue after updating.