4.7.4 Project crash on startup

Updated the engine, tried to open my project which worked in 4.7.3 perfectly fine, got to 93% before crashing.
Project is a blueprint project. Not a C++ one.

Happens everytime, tried uninstalling/reinstalling, tried restarting computer, moving project out of folder, relaunching the engine and launcher, moving the project back. No luck so far.

Sent a bug report via engine crash bug reporter window. Can post details of crash here (via pastebin) if needed.

It’s a uni project (backed up on svn thankfully) but I’d need to revert to 4.7.3. Is there a way to do that?

Crash Log: http://pastebin.com/3aC1g48C

You can switch version by right clicking your uproject via explorer and selecting switch version. Keep in mind that you should regenerate your project files then (also via right click on your uproject). Crashes like this sometimes get resolved for me by removing all data from the saved folder (at least for me).

Also: do you have some kind of singleton in your code? it could be that there is a problem there.

It’s a blueprint project (should have stated that sorry).

Deleting everything in the Saved folder didn’t work.
Also right clicking and changing version only gives me a 4.7 option. I can’t seem to select a 4.7.3 one.

Can’t regenerate files, only generate them initially but since it’s not a C++ project I don’t think I should?

can you post the details of the crash? it might help.

Updated question. Crash log here:
http://pastebin.com/3aC1g48C

It seems to crash on parsing a macro, you could try to remove parts of your content folder to track down which blueprint is causing the issue.

I believe to have found the root of the problem. Upon removing all blueprints, the project started up. I moved all the blueprints in one at a time, but even when all were back in the project kept going fine. Then when I tried to enter the Maps & Modes section of project settings it crashed. Eventually I removed MyGameInstance and I was able to access that area again. Though when I select that particular asset the engine crashes.

dropbox url to asset

Hi Haigen,

I believe this is related to an issue that we are aware of and it’s been logged as JIRA UE-13250 in our tracking software.

Our developers are currently investigating the issue and we hope to have an update to fix it soon.

Cheers,

TJ

Hi Haigen,

The latest hotfix (4.7.5) is now out. Please give it a try when you get a chance and let us know if it fixes this issue for you or not.

Cheers,

TJ