4.7.3 c++ variable declare changes can not refresh in editor detail panel

Hi, Jamie,

Thanks for you quickly response!

I am very clear about this. i have test times by times in development editor version. with both hot reload and close editor - compile - start editor style.

at last, it works in debuggame editor version, and i switch to development editor solution, build (it does a full rebuild after i switch build solution).
but it still not works. that’s strange…

Does it store some thing in cache?

Cheers
Omega

Hi guys,

I have create a object reference pointer variable marked by uproperty, it works good in editor’s detail panel.
Then i think it should be a class type but not a pointer reference, so i change it’s type to TSubClassOf<>, but editor still think it’s a object reference, and can not change it’s name. i have restart editor and create new subclass to test times by times.

At last i found that build a DebugGame Editor version can get expected result, but if i switch to development editor and rebuild one, it not work again …

please check the attachment:

Cheers
Omega

you can right click on image and click open in new tab-pages to view it in fullsize

Does it say anything next to the game name in the editor title area?

If it says “GameName [Debug Game]” rather than just “GameName” then that means you’re actually running the DebugGame build rather than the Development build. This means that the editor will load the DebugGame version of your game, which would explain the behaviour you’re seeing here.

Hi Jamie,

I have fixed by force delete all child files and directories in Saved and Intermediate directories, and generate project files, build in development editor.

Cheers
Omega