[4.7.1] Build android width api version 9?

hi.

i want to build my game with android-9 sdk but i have error in build:

====5/9/2015 6:38:39 PM====PERFORMING FINAL APK PACKAGE OPERATION================================================
1> Making .apk with Ant… (note: it’s safe to ignore javac obsolete warnings)
1>
1> BUILD FAILED
1> C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows ools\ant\build.xml:653: The following error occurred while executing this line:
1> C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows ools\ant\build.xml:698: null returned: 1
1>
1> Total time: 2 seconds
1>UnrealBuildTool Exception : error : cmd.exe failed with args /c “C:\NVPACK\apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat” -quiet debug
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Game Android Shipping” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

i have checked Tappy Chicken in Play Store that needs android 2.3(api 9) and in update description says that uses 4.7.
how can i do that?

Hi khata_matar,

We will be able to provide better assistance if you post this over on the AnswerHub. Here are instructions for what you should include in your report, and if you could include the entirety of your failed build output logs as a txt file to the thread that will be very helpful. Thanks!

Hi Khatar,

I realize this is not the answer you’re looking for, but I wouldn’t build against Android 9. Take a look at the Android Dashboard:

0.3% of all Android devices are on API 8, 5.3% are on API 10. API 9 doesn’t even register :wink: If I were you I’d forget about API 9 and simply target API 15 or 16 and up. The effort of supporting 9 will likely far outweigh any gains you may see from it.