Hello. First, I apologize if this is in the wrong place or I’m missing something obvious, as I’m new to Unreal.
I’ve been investigating the HTML5 exporting capabilities of Unreal the past few days. Unfortunately, I’ve been unlucky so far. I’ve overcome a few hurdles but now I’m stuck with the builds launching but not rendering (though sound is occurring and I can tell the project is running correctly). I’ve followed the getting started guide and the answer for 4.5 that I’ve seen linked in other questions and forum posts. Here’s the exact steps I’ve done and reproduced to get to this state:
- Download the source code from Github.
- Install Emscripten 1.25.0.
- Run Setup.bat.
- Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
- Opened the project in Visual Studio 2013 Community, as linked to in the Readme.
- Compiled the solution under Development Editor - Win64.
- Compiled the UnrealFrontEnd.
- Launch the Frontend, setting and launching a custom launch profile as described in the second link.
- Run the editor through Visual Studio.
- Create a new project: First Person Shooter Blueprint (I’ve tried others as well, see below)
- Launch from the editor into Firefox Nightly (64 bit).
The project launches fine and the browser opens up. It goes through downloading, then running, and then the project begins to play except that the canvas is blank. I’ve tried launching the project through the editor and the frontend to the same result. I can hear sounds and can tell the project is running correctly but just cannot see anything. I’ve tried the First Person Shooter Blueprint, Side Scroller Blueprint, TappyChicken Sample, and the First Person Shooter Sample (this one got stuck on downloading, which I assumed it was a combination of being too large and the multiplayer server aspect). I’ve tried both development and shipping builds as well. I get no errors, but the log in Firefox (not the console, the Unreal log) will regularly spit out the following:
[2014.12.18-16.45.26:433]LogRenderer:Warning: Reallocating scene render targets to support 1336x840.
[2014.12.18-16.45.26:457]LogRenderer:Warning: Reallocating scene render targets to support 1600x904.
These two messages (with different numbers before LogRenderer) will constantly spit out if I try to interact with the canvas in any way. I’ve also tried Chrome 64-bit, but the tab just fails on Downloading with a generic “Oh Snap” and the Output Log on Unreal has the following error, which I could not find elsewhere:
LogPlayLevel:Display: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Client exited with error code: 7012
Am I missing a step somewhere? I’m using Windows 7 SP1. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.