[4.6.1] UE4 Launcher/ue4 bugs

From one day to the other the ue4 launcher seems to have some weird issues for me.
None of the images from news/marketplace/learn are loading, and if i try to create a new project or try to load a project from the vault ue4 crashes.

I can load previously made work fine… but ue4 is slow, constantly crashes on the littlest of things and every time I open a project it needs to recompile all my shaders. (which in some cases is up to the 5000-10000).

Anything I can do to give a better report?

Edit:
Uninstalled ue4 + launcher, reinstalled them.
Still same issue.

Edit2:
Might this have to do with disabling cache on c:/ ?
I dont like things being cached on my ssd.

Hi Luos,

Re-enabling the cache may fix your launcher problem, I’m guessing that you have the launcher and UE4 installed on an SSD? Is the SSD the main C:\ hardrive? If enabling the cache does not work, we’ll have to take a look at you verbose logs and see if we can find answers there. You can learn how to turn on verbose logs here: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

-Max B.

UE4 is on its own seperate ssd. (not C:)
I got the engine itself working, but im guessing atm its only loading shaders into the ram and isnt creating a shader.
I prefer not to enable the cache on my c:\ ssd to increase its lifespan.

I will check later today if in fact the cache is the problem though.

hmm, Just launched the launcher to see if the problem still exists and now it works fine again…
I havent even touched the cache yet. :confused:

Glad to hear. I’d recommend installing the launcher/engine to the C:\ if you happen to run into the issue again.

-Max B.