4.6.1 Shipping Build failed for android

Version 4.6.1 Binary.

Steps:

• Create new project form 2D sidescrolling template
  • Proejct settings > Packaging > For Distribution (checked)
  • Cook project for Android ETC1
  • Build failed near the end of cooking.

Output log

UPDATE:

• Downloaded official Tappy Chicken for 4.6, tried distribution build with same results: BUILD FAILED.

I think I found the issue:

“On Android, you will need to create a key to sign the .apk, and give some information to our build tools with a file called SigningConfig.xml. This file exists in the installed Engine directory (Engine/Build/Android/Java). If you edit this file, it will apply to all your projects. However, you can copy this file to your project’s Build/Android directory (no Java directory), and it will be used for just that project. Directions for how to generate the key and fill out the file are found in the file itself.” Packaging Unreal Engine Projects | Unreal Engine Documentation

I get back later to update this if it works…

Finally, I fixed!

My problem was I have to put double slashes in the path to my keystore file.

1. Create your apk digital key:
    “On Android, you will need to create a key to sign the .apk, and give some information to our build tools with a file called SigningConfig.xml. This file exists in the installed Engine directory (Engine/Build/Android/Java). If you edit this file, it will apply to all your projects. However, you can copy this file to your project’s Build/Android directory (no Java directory), and it will be used for just that project. Directions for how to generate the key and fill out the file are found in the file itself.” Packaging Unreal Engine Projects | Unreal Engine Documentation

2. Fill the SigningConfig.xml correctly:

Like this for example:

<keyalias>pix_apps</keyalias>
  <keystore>F:\\_pxUnreal\\Projects\\androidkey\\my-release-key.keystore</keystore>
  <keystorepassword>mysuperpassword</keystorepassword>
  <keypassword>_sameaskeystore_</keypassword>

Project build successful…
now let’s see how it goes uploading to google play…

As of 4.7, there is no longer a SigningConfig.xml file in the Engine Build Android Java directory.

Right, our life are becoming easier with new versions…