4.5 Client side physics

Hello,

I recently updated a version of my game to 4.5 in hopes it would be a step forward in development.

I have a blueprint that ragdolls a pawn when it is dead and about to be destroyed.

In 4.4 this works fine on client and server, but in 4.5 it only works on the server.

Client side the pawn is instantly moved to what seems to be the 0,0,0 point of the map and then its physics is enabled.

Is this a bug or is there a new node I am missing?

Thanks for anyone who can assist me.

It appears that not instantly un-possessing the pawn makes the physics actor stay in the right location for the owning client and the server.

This doesnt help with other networked clients though.

Is anyone else finding issues like this? I cant find anything in the patch notes that would hint to how to fix this.

I have also noticed that new custom events I set to replicate no longer comes up with the text under the custom event node. Old ones I have moved from 4.4 do have it.

Hi Ategig,

I attempted to reproduce your issue but I can’t get your results. Can you reproduce this in a template or one of our projects like Shooter Game?

I’m going to reference another user with this issue here as well. Ragdolling replication broke for me in 4.5 - World Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums

No worries,

In the third person template, edit the default pawn so the “Mesh” component is set to ragdoll physics.

Create a new physics asset for the skeleton.

Then in the character, add a key press which initiates a server side custom event.

Make another custom event that is a multicast and tell it to enable physics on the mesh component.

You will notice that both the owning client and the server are correct but all other connected clients see the rag doll around the 0,0,0 location. They are often spazing out, jittering all over the place.

It seems like the exact same issue as .

Thanks

I’m having the same issue, ported from 4.4 to 4.5 and ragdolling teleports over to the 0 position and stays there. Even though this point is above the ground for me the skeleton is hanging from that position as if their origin is fixed to it.

To add to this, I notice it sometimes wont mess up if you’re not looking at the person when they Ragdoll. Tested that with a new project.

Is there any update on this whether I am going about it the wrong way or if its a bug?

It would be great to know if I should start working on a different implementation.

Hi Ategig,

There has been a little headway on 's post. Take a look and see if NesJett’s fix may work for you.

Hi Ategig,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with additional information.

Thanks,

TJ

Hi everyone,

For everyone that is having this issue, is your Ragdoll Replication being done in code or through blueprints?

I am working with blueprints only.

Hi Ategig,

I just wanted to let you know that we have created JIRA UE-6128 and our developers are looking into this issue. We will post back here as soon as we have something.

Cheers,

TJ

I’v solved it !!! All you need to do is to destroy the movement component and disable replication before starting the physics simulation. all the clients will see the ragdoll and you too and it will works great ! I’m so proud of myself :")

https://forums.unrealengine.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18772&d=1417705339

Hi everyone,

I just tested 's workaround and it does correct the issue. In the meantime our developers will be looking into this further and we will post back here when we have something.

Cheers,

TJ

Also, please take a look at Zak Middleton’s post linked below. He has submitted a fix but he also mentions another workaround.