[4.5.1 and 4.6 bug] Skeletal meshes importing face down

Hello, I have recently made the jump directly from 4.5 to 4.6 (skipped 4.5.1) and everything seemed to work fine until I’ve tried to re-import some of my previous models, and they no longer worked as intended, the models are always facing down regardless of how I position them before importing.
I’ve installed several other versions of the engine to track the problem down, and it seems to start with 4.5.1. I currently have some 4.5 projects and I tried to import into them and they worked perfectly. I’ve also installed 4.4.3 and again it also worked, so I’ve only found the problem in 4.5.1 and 4.6. (I’ve added an image with the top being 4.4.3 and bottom 4.6 and also a very simple model if you wish to test it yourself)

Other stuff :
-It only does this on skeletal meshes, on the model I’ve added there’s one single bone to make it a skeletal mesh.
-The models are made with blender (and I’m sure this has something to do with it ), they were exported to FBX ascii with a plugin and then converted to FBX binary using the FBX Converter 2013 from Autodesk.
-At the moment I’m getting around this problem by importing into a 4.4.3 project and migrating the models to my actual project

Tell me if you need any more info or if you want a more thorough description of the steps I took.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4ye1sh7j02qf3g/susanetest.fbx

Hi Wisk,

Unfortunately, I’m not seeing the same results using the binary/launcher version of the engine for each of the ones you mentioned. I’m using the asset you’ve provided as well.

Here are my results for each with the engine version reference.

23815-4.6.0.png

When you said you’re using 4.4.3 to import them and bring over, is this the same project you’re importing to every time or are you creating a new project in 4.4.3 and importing the asset? If it’s the latter, can you try with a new project and see what the results are?

Thank you!

Tim

I’ve tried it again and realized that it was the “Use time 0 pose for reference pose” checkbox that was making it “stand properly” in the 4.4.3 version, which I couldn’t find in the newer ones.

It’s still there in later version. It’s the second option down under Skeleton. “Use T0As Ref Pose.” Using this imports into the editor as you’ve suggested.