4.4 Broken Animations after upgrade [Mac OSx 10.10]

Hi,
I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4 today, and all skeletal animations broke. It’s not isolated to a converted project, but new project exhibits the same issue. See the following videos to get the idea what’s happening:

This is how it looks in 4.3

The same project, upgraded to 4.4

Fresh project in 4.4

Operating system:

System Version:	OS X 10.10 (14A299l)

Hardware info:

Model Name:	iMac
Model Identifier:	iMac13,2
Processor Name:	Intel Core i7
Processor Speed:	3.4 GHz
Number of Processors:	1
Total Number of Cores:	4
L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
L3 Cache:	8 MB
Memory:	32 GB
Boot ROM Version:	IM131.010A.B05
SMC Version (system):	2.11f14

Graphics adapter:

Chipset Model:	NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Type:	GPU
Bus:	PCIe
PCIe Lane Width:	x16
VRAM (Total):	2048 MB
Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID:	0x11a3
Revision ID:	0x00a2
ROM Revision:	3707

I’m having similar problems with animated meshes since 4.4… With one animated mesh, it seems to skip some animation frames and just looks weird, sometimes the character also explodes in a weird way, but once you have more than one animated mesh, it really breaks badly.

On that note, can you open up the Animations map in the content examples and see if it’s really messed up, like badly? You’ll know what I mean if you’re seeing what I’m seeing. Just want to confirm if this is the same problem as me. But I think it is.

Yup.
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/84377/44-broke-animations.html

I can’t even open the Animations map, it crashes immediately :frowning:

Doesn’t seem like it’s the same issue

Yeah, that’s exactly what I get… not just me then.

Not the same, but there is something fishy going on with the animations in the latest update for a lot of people.

Mine doesn’t crash, but the characters pretty much explode… I think it is the same, just perhaps it affects you differently. There’s something really messed up with the animations.

If you add a second animated mesh into your own project, you might get the exploding effect I was talking about.

That’s completely different actually. The issue we’re seeing is that the animations are completely messed up. Not just a single jerk at the end of the animation.

Any updates to this issue?

FYI: I’m on a MacBook Pro Retina with 750m graphics, so it’s not just the hardware configuration listed by DVSoftware that’s affected. I’m also running OS X 10.10, but 4.3 and lower works perfectly, so something new has broken animations.

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay. This is an issue with Mac OSX 10.10 which we are aware of and have been tracking here:

UE 4.4 Character animation broken on mac - Character & Animation - Epic Developer Community Forums

UE4 does not yet support 10.10 while it is in beta, however we have begun work to ensure that such issues are resolved by the time that 10.10 is officially released.

Cheers