4.3.0 update will not install

Hi all,

For the last few days I have been trying to install the 4.,3.0 update in Windows 8. I am running the content browser in Administrator mode, and am currently running using version 4.2.1. When trying to install it will say ‘please wait’,m sit for a bit, and then revert back to the install button. My specs are pretty ■■■■ decent, so this is not an issue. If anyone has a solution for this problem, it would be great as I am keen to migrate some of my work to the newest version.

Thanks for your help in advance!

having the exact same issue here. are you tying to install on a separate hdd or on your c drive?

Hi JohnnyQuid,

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. How much available space do you have on your hard drive?

Please take a look at the information provided in the link, under the “The Launcher is unable to download content” section.

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

I suggest trying the possible solutions, including the AntiVirus disabling and possibly the DNS server change.

If nothing helps, let us know, along with the “veryverbose” log.

Thanks

Update with a possible solution. Please try the following.

Locate DefaultEngine.ini in C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config

Add the following lines to this ini (without the bullet points):

• [Portal.OSS]
  • EntitlementUpdateCheckTime=600

Save the ini and relaunch the Portal. Please let us know if this helps. If not, please provide new “veryverbose” logs for us again.

Thanks!