4-27 nDisplay Network Problem

Hello,

I try to get N-Display running on my 2 machines. I just keep getting this error and Im not sure how to fix it.

Somehow my Main PC cant write the config file onto the other one. Do I need to give it some form of permission and if so how?

The Error I get after this is:
[22:42:20][I]: Laptop-Node_1: nDisplay config file successfully transferred to C:\Users\sven2\AppData\Local\Temp\ndisplay\049979614DBD7D5EAF646BA9A5C0B4D6.ndisplay on host

[22:42:20][D]: Laptop-Node_1: nDisplay uasset transfer failed: Error while trying to write to C:\Users\sven2\Documents\Unreal Projects\ndisplayv1\NDisplayTest\Content\ExampleConfigs\Svens_NDC.uasset

If Someone has a Idea. I Welcome it.

Greetings

Sven

1 Like

Any luck with this?
I’m also stuck with same issue.

Sounds like I am having the same issue. Any resolutions? I am using a mapped network folder on the host and all nodes have full access to the share (Everyone=full, user=full, hell I set every account listed to full control permissions and still get this error. All nodes can create and edit and delete everything on the share?

[16:53:40][I]: Render1_Left: nDisplay config file successfully transferred to C:\Users\fsadmin\AppData\Local\Temp\ndisplay\031B7EEB4925AE411E03D59104AC53EB.ndisplay on host

[16:53:40][D]: Render1_Left: nDisplay uasset transfer failed: Error while trying to write to M:\SunTemple\Content\nDISPLAY\3_monitor_Ndisplay_01.uasset

I did fix it. Just forgot what it was. I think. I just copied the exact project to the other machine. Currently trying to make everything working with source Controll. Set the Settings for the Node correct and then it should be fine.

My problem right now is syncing these Projects. I got perforce and sourceControll running but keep getting this error if I want to sync my second node with my first one

[16:04:16][D]: Node_1: Sync failed!

[16:04:16][D]: Node_1: usage: sbl_helper.py [-h] [–log-level LOG_LEVEL] {sync} …

[16:04:16][D]: Node_1: sbl_helper.py: error: --generate was specified, but unable to determine engine directory

close ue…

What specific settings are you talking about correcting with the Node?

Kr
Anders

In Switchboard, The Unreal Editor Node were you set the IP and everything. Or the Ndisplay Node. So the Servers/PCs you connect to. I hope you understood what i meant^^

1 Like

have the same issue could explain it more in detail bc im still new to this