(4-27) Enabling Decals on Quest 2 aka Mobile/Android via Mobile HDR, every thing super dark

While trying to enable decals on Quest 2 I figured out that Mobile HDR needs to be enabled.

With Mobile HDR I can see decals but I can barely see anything (including the decals). Its like some sort of fog of war is on and on top of that everything is pitch black. Even with a scene that has a post process volume and a scene without.

I also tried enabling Forward Renderer as well. I’m not using Vulkan and using OpenGL.
On Unreal Engine 4.27 latest hotfix from Unreal Launcher no source.

Hi Nonlin, have you found any solution to this? Having the exact same issue with 4.27 and Oculus Quest 2. Looking to test if I can afford to have Mobile HDR on but the scene is extremely dark. Also happens on a blank project just running the VR template. Preview in editor works fine but packaged version has the darkness issue.

The simple answer is you can’t do it. I don’t think UE5 gave us much VR love either so I doubt it can be done there as well.

I resorted to skipping decals in my situation and using a render texture inside the material to get the UI to display in the environment.

1 Like