[4.27.2] Localization Dashboard

So I spent the day trying to learn how to setup the Localization Dashboard, and localize the text for my main menu through a string table. Good news! I succeeded!

One bit of confusion:
I have a text element in my menu that does not use the string table, and obviously it’s text is not included in the dashboard translations(from what I can see). Yet it is being translated anyway?

I know I can just set it to not localize to prevent it from being translated, thats not the issue.

My confusion is: Apparently Text widgets just automatically translate without needing an entry in the Localization Dashboard’s culture? I don’t even have a Localization Service Provider set. Where are these translations coming from, and if the engine just does translations for me, do I even need to bother with a string table at all?

Resolved:
Text widgets do not automatically translate without needing an entry in the Localization Dashboard. It appears that the default text “Text Block” is what has a translation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.