4.27.1 hangs on importing C4D R21 files

Cannot currently get C4D r21 files (saved for melange / Cineware) to import via Dataprep.

Causes UE4 to hang completey (not responding in Task Manager)

Test files are small.

Same files import AOK into 4.26.2

Are there currently known issues with Dsmith / DPrep and C4D?

1 Like

Hi Funkdigit , I had the exact same problem importing C4D data with DataPrep in 4.27.

I had C4DR24 and C4DR25 installed on the same PC as UE, but after uninstalling C4DR24, Dataprep imported successfully, so it could be a problem with C4D itself, if that helps.

2 Likes

Hi Moz543

Cheers for that - I guess it’s time to pay the Piper and upgrade my C4D…!

Will post back if C45R25 works for me.

1 Like

Hold on! - Moz543 - I just re-read your reply - and bingo - I found I had an earlier install of C4D r24, and removing that has proven to be the answer.

I can even get .C4D files from my ageing r21 to import now to UE4 4.27.1

Cheers all - hopefully this little post might also help someone else in the future…

2 Likes

Thanks for the save with this one moz543. This is happened to me today with 4.27.2

In case anyone else runs into this - I had 4 other installs of C4D that hadn’t caused any problems. Right after I installed R25 is when my Dataprep objects began to freeze the Editor, after they had been working.

So after uninstalling all previous versions of C4D the Dataprep objects again work.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all the above platform friends. The problem has been solved

1 Like