4.26 | VR | Add Movement Input Resets Mesh Transform

I’m not sure if I messed something up or if this is a bug of some sort. But I am creating a VR multiplayer game with a full body. Everything works for the most part (Movement, Rotation, Location) and it is all replicated.

Setup:
Character
- Capsule
-- Mesh
-- VRRoot
--- Camera
--- Motion Controller L
--- Motion Controller R

Character: Use Controller Rotation Yaw - Disabled
Camera: Use Pawn Control Rotation - Enabled
Character Movement: Ignore Base Rotation - Enabled
Character Movement: Use Controller Desired Rotation - Enabled
Character Movement: Rotation Rate 0,0,0
(Changing these settings didnt really seem to help)

So the issue is whenever I use Add Movement Input on the Server, in the view of the Client, the Character Mesh resets to 0,0,0 location/rotation on the capsule during movement (AddActorWorldOffset does the same thing). After movement, the Mesh goes back to following the HMD location/rotation (Control Rotation: Replicated Variable). The weird part is that the VRRoot, HMD, and Controllers are still in the correct location/rotation.

However, If a Client moves around, to the Server it looks fine and does not reset it’s transform. I have not been able to test this from Client to Client yet as I only have 2 computers.

This also does not happen locally on either Server or Client. The issue only appears when viewing the Server from the Client.

I’ve tried over 40 different methods packaging, launching, testing and have not found anything close to a solution. Wasted so much time dealing with this nonsense.

P.S., Don’t tell me to use VR Expansion. That is not a solution for me as I prefer the DIY approach.

Created my own implementation that moves the capsule location periodically and added capsule rotation that only happens when moving with the thumbstick.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.