4.26 Movie Render Queue Crash

I’ve managed to narrow down whats causing it by just disabling things in the scene. The first thing I disabled was the landscape and that was actually causing the crash. It doesn’t seem to matter how big or complicated the landscape is, cause in other scenes with landscapes it causes the same crash. Rendering through the standard sequencer mode works fine, but Movie Render Queue crashes. There’s obviously various reasons why people would need to use Move Render Queue over the standard sequence render, for me its both workflow preference and it just has features that I need that the standard render doesn’t have. Don’t know if this is a known issue, but I have seen a few complaints about general performance with 4.26.

Any help would be appreciated! Although I fear 4.26 may need an update to be fixed.

I’m also getting a lot of crashes with Movie Render Queue. I’m on Mac, with 128 RAM and 16gig graphics card.
And the landscape seems to be the cause.

I am 4.26 but I tried 4.25 and it was the same.

Hoping for a fix soon.

Have you tried changing the TdrDelay ? worked for me

what about these?

Yes. I have RTX 3090 and it says OUT OF MEMORY for the basic Brushify pack. Which is one flat landscape with a basic cube as a height reference. I just cant render it out in movie render queue. Driving me nuts!!!.. works in standard but as Iam_awesome124 said, there are feature in mov render que we need!

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am running into the same problem.

Me too

• 1 , same crash happening on two machines, 1080GTX and QuadroP5000

Hi guys, I posted this in another thread a while back, but thought I should update it here.
The only current solution is to disable Grass on the landscape (in brushify that’s MI_Landscape, untick all procedural grass tickboxes).

The reason for the crash is that MovieRenderQueue is attempting to render each blade of grass with the raytracer. Unfortunately even the tickboxes in the grass shader for disabling raytracing do not seem to have any effect on this. So for now it seems grass is broken with MovieRenderQueue.
This is tested on UE5 5.0.3.
I did submit a bug report and test project to epic back when this bug was first introduced, however I’ve not heard any response or ETA for a fix yet. I’ll try to submit it again soon.

3 Likes

Cheers for heads up Joe!

After days of crashing Movie Render Queue on first frame, I finally stumble upon this post. Disabled all the grass and it worked. Do you have any update from Epic about a fix yet?