4.26 Control Rig documentation?

Is there documentation anywhere for the 4.26 Control Rig features? Like Control Rig Components and the new Setup Events and examples of Backwards Solve to enable baking existing anim sequences to control rig sequences?

Hey DsyD! There sure is.

Check out our Control Rig page here: Control Rig in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation. There’s also our Control Rig Blueprints doc (Control Rig Editor in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation) and Creating Sequences for Control Rig page (Animating with Control Rig in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation) that you mind find interesting.

Best of luck and I hope these help!

Hi, thanks echo_four - I am aware of those pages now, but it seems that they’re no longer applicable, even though some of them say 4.26? For example, they refer to “Control Rig Sequence” blueprints but this doesn’t seem to exist in 4.26, and the screenshots and options for Control Rig blueprints don’t match the 4.26 editor. They also don’t describe “spaces” or say anything about how to use Backwards Solve for baking to controls or anything about the Control Rig Component for Actors, which were mentioned in the 4.26 release notes. Is there going to be documentation for these features?

Hello again DsyD. Thanks for the added information. I went ahead and passed along your comments to the rest of the Docs team so that we can look into updating that page. I hope to hop back into this thread with an update once I know more. In the meantime, please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to improve the Control Rig documentation.

Hey DsyD. I just spoke to my colleagues and wanted to give you an update. We’ve just drafted some updates to the Control Rig page that should address your concerns. Look for these updates to go live within the next couple of days. Check them out once they’re live, and be sure to let us know what you think.

That’s great - thanks for the update! Can’t wait.