[4.25.2-4] Why does my memory spike when I try to set the default values of my structures?

I have a structure that I compiled in C++, and I use it in alot of widgets in the editor.
In C++, I recently changed the default values of the variables in the structure, but the changes were not reflected in the editor. So I tried to manually change those default values in the editor. But when I do so the editor freezes and windows taskmanager shows my RAM usage spike massively.
When idle immediately after loading the editor, taskmanager shows about 8 gigs of RAM in use. When I try to change a default value of the structure variable in the editor, that usage swiftly spikes, and Im forced to manually end the process at about 20 gigs before whole system freezes up.

How can I change the default values of my structures in the editor, to reflect the change I made in C++? And why does that spike happen in the first place?

I found a workable work around, so Ill post this here in case others have this issue, but I will not mark it as the solution because it doesn’t technically solve the issue.

I can update the structure’s values by right-clicking the widget blueprint that the structure is in and selecting:

Asset Actions > Bulk Edit via Property Matrix

Editing the values of the structure there still produces a 2 to 5 second hang per edit but there is no memory spike.

But I still can’t directly edit the structure in the blueprint itself without producing the effects described above.