4.22 VS2019 GenerateProjectFiles.bat fails

I’m attempting to install 4.22 from source, as I usually do.

Windows 7 64
Visual Studio 2019 Community

I’m migrating from VS2015 to VS2019. I’ve uninstalled 2015 and installed 2019 clean, it works fine.

Downloaded 4.22-release source from github.
Extract files to a new directory.
Run Setup.bat from that directory.
Allow permissions as needed.
When complete, Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat

Fails.

I end up with a console full of warnings. It starts with errors but overflows quickly. I was able to retrieve the attached Error Output

Any ideas? Are there VS packages I’m supposed to install for UE4 that I missed? I included C++ and C#, Windows Dev, Desktop, .NET, and UWP. I know 2017 required an Unreal installation pack, but I didn’t see anything in the options for UE4 under Game or anywhere else. I did find Unity and Cocos, so I’m guess that’s where it would have been?

I have the same problem. Is there any solution?

If I find one I’ll post it here, but I haven’t found one.

You need to install Microsoft .NET Framework Developer version

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Developer Pack

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53321

Developer version

I’ve already installed 4.6.2

I’ve already installed 4.6.2

Are you running GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2019 with admin privileges?

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: I believe so. I’m not doing anything different than I have with previous installs. I execute the batch file by double-click, I’m not in a console window already. I am logged in as the Windows administrator, and confirm administrator permissions when prompted by the install procedure.

I have not launched an admin console window and executed the batch file from that window, nor have I forced the batch to run “as administrator”. I do not expect that this would address my issue, but it’s possible.

As it stands right now I’ve opted to install 2017 and work with that until it is no longer supported. I’ve not had the same problem with the 2017 installation procedure (which bolsters my impression this isn’t a permissions issue). If others have experienced the same problem I would welcome their comment after attempting the install with explicit administrative access.

I’ve got 2017 installed with all .net/VC++ stuff downloaded. I’ve also downloaded that microsoft link above and installed. Still same problem…

Following this link solved the problem for me:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53321

I have had the same issue with 4.22.3, the Developer Pack with 4.6.2 solved my issue. I had already installed 4.6.2 previously, However this version in the link fixed it.