4.20 Codesign fails for AR project on Mac

I just ported my code for an ARKit project over to a Mac, and had it running on my iPhone for a couple of days, but when I tried to package it again to keep testing out new builds, I started getting this error,

/Users/aaronsaluk/Documents/Unreal Projects/Rampart_002/Binaries/IOS/Payload/Rampart_002.app: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS):
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ** BUILD FAILED **
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS):
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS):
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): The following build commands failed:
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): CodeSign /Users/aaronsaluk/Documents/Unreal\ Projects/Rampart_002/Binaries/IOS/Payload/Rampart_002.app
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): (1 failure)
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Took 3.809461s to run env, ExitCode=65
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: CodeSign Failed

I’ve changed the permissions on my key chains to stop asking for passwords, and then changed them back to ask just to see if I would get the same prompt for my system password that I used to get while building, but I haven’t had any success. The only non-default plugin I’ve added is the ARKit 0.1 beta.

1 Like

I’ve been able to get the project to package twice now, so I’m considering this a possible answer. I started a new project, and imported my content in, setting up the project settings to match. This allowed me to enter the password during CodeSign. Here’s the critical part, click “allow” NOT “allow every time” because that seems to be the mistake that I made with the last iteration of my project.

1 Like

I’ve encountered this code sign problem a few more times. Each time, I end up rebuilding my project using my old content folder and matching my previous settings, which is kind of time consuming. I’m thinking of putting a bug report in, but I’m still not sure that it isn’t just user error on my part.