4.2 Release Notes

Thanks alot, Epic! Keep up the amazing work and continue loving the community :smiley:

If you no longer need to work with that sample in the older version of the engine, then yes, you can safely remove these older samples. For that matter, you can also uninstall the older versions of the engine if you are confident that the newer ones meet your project needs and you have no reason to return to a previous version.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

Nice update.

Best part no more hitching every 30-60 seconds in the PIE. :smiley:

I created a 3D model of a car in 3D Studio MAX and tried to follow the instructions in “Vehicle User Guide” but “Wheel Handler” may be missing from the “Animation Blueprint”. I loaded “Vehicle Template” into UE4 Editor and looked at “Animation Blueprint”. That blueprint is different from the blueprint shown in “Vehicle User Guide”. Please update the documentation and videos. PLEASE ADD CAPTIONING TO VIDEOS! YouTube’s “Automatic Captioning” is piece of s—.

Does anyone know how I may go about implementing support for steering wheels like LG G27 in UE4? I’ve come across a similar question here that’s been left unanswered as of now. I’d assume it’s a crucial part of vehicle simulation and yet there’s not much being said about it here:confused:.

You’ve made the mistake of creating your blueprint based on “animinstance” parent class and not “Vehicle anim instance”… Ori forgot to mention that in his tutorial :slight_smile:
When you create your blueprint and choose your skeleton, look at the top of the box where it says parent class.

I exported the 3D model of the sedan from the vehicle template and imported it into 3D Studio MAX so that I can see how the 3D model of the sedan was made. The object names are:

Sedan_SkelMesh - dummy
Sedan_SkelMesh - skinned mesh
Vehicle_Base - dummy
Wheel_Front_Left - dummy
Wheel_Front_Right - dummy
Wheel_Rear_Left - dummy
Wheel_Rear_Right - dummy

The dummies in the 3D model of the sedan looked like bones. The dummies in my 3D model of a car looked like boxes. I don’t know how to use the Skin Modifier. Please help me create the 3D model of a car the same way that the 3D model of the sedan was made.

When you import a skeletal mesh skinned with dummies into UE4, those dummies become bones. That’s why they became bones after you took it out of the editor. Follow Ori’s tutorials step by step and you’ll be fine. If you have any more questions you can start another thread and i can help you there.

, Please give me step-by-step instructions on creating the skeletal mesh skinned with dummies of the car in 3D Studio MAX. I think that Ori’s tutorials don’t have files for the crude car.

Ontopic: This… Epic Games… is the BEST that i’ve been working with since ever… Blender to U4 ? You Guys are crazy. what I achieved in the UDK in three days took me 10secs in here… Thats genious !! Thanks for sharing this with us. Cheers with a hand full of beer from germany :slight_smile:

So, what are the caveats to using the new Tiled Landscape heightmap import? Using default world machine tile naming doesn’t line things up properly, had to shift them in world browser.

What about optimal tile size? Doesn’t seem like there’s a way to reimport individual tiles or export tiles? (granted drastic changes would cause things to break too) . I tried to export one of the individual tiles and instead it exported all of the combined tiles as one larger heightmap. Seems like it would be annoying to have to reimport everything if you happen to change a few areas.

From what I observed, the settings of the first tile imported determines the settings of the rest of the tiles, which are all considered proxies?

Also crashed whenever I tried to play with 2 players in separate windows. First time testing out streaming, so I’m hoping that’s not the cause. Experimental feature, I know.

UE4Game.stub where do we get this :D?