4.16 System.Exception: Could not find token at index 537

I tried transitioning from 4.15 to 4.16 and now I’m stuck my project is not compiling, I have already updated the target rules and the build.cs files to the new version, but now my project doesn’t seems to compile, I only get at the output log the following:

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: Discordabat, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
2>  Creating makefile for DiscordabatEditor (no existing makefile)
2>EXEC : error : System.Exception: Could not find token at index 537
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.NextTokenCore()
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.LookAhead()
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.ParseArray()
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.ParseValue()
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.ParseObject()
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.ParseValue()
2>     at fastJSON.JsonParser.Decode()
2>     at fastJSON.JSON.Parse(String json)
2>     at UnrealBuildTool.JsonObject.Parse(String Text)
2>     at UnrealBuildTool.JsonObject.Read(String FileName)
2>     at UnrealBuildTool.ProjectDescriptor.FromFile(String FileName)
2>     at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.CreateProjectRulesAssembly(FileReference ProjectFileName)
2>     at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.CreateTarget(TargetDescriptor Desc, String[] Arguments, Boolean bCompilingSingleFile)
2>     at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, String[] Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile)
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" DiscordabatEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\elisa\Documents\Discordabat\Discordabat\Discordabat.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Bump this Post! It seems that I had wrong syntax on my project.uproject, it is compiling now!

I got this error when I added a comment to a .uplugin file. It seems that those file types are not compatible with comments. Deleting the comment and re-compiling worked.