updated my graphics card from a 560 to a GTX 980
runs the latest games out maxed out with very smooth fps, never crashing.
even seems to run PIE just fine, however, in editor it’s not the same.
UE4 4.15.2 editor still completely locks up my computer, making me power down and restart
I updated my project from 4.12.5 originally. I was working with 4.15.1 for about a week and a half after that, with 1 or 2 freezes like now, but nothing too bad.
with 4.15.2, its been constantly freezing up my computer fully, making it totally unusable
- CPU and RAM levels are always good. stays around 10-30%(aprox) usage
- editor runs extremely well now, very high fps usually even in detailed
- I often run ue4 with chrome, photoshop, 3ds max, and ableton open
- I have 2 screens (photoshop sometimes is on the one opposite
- currently im running the DDC thing in
the command prompt (first time ever doing it the whole time ive been using ue4 so this could be the source of it, testing now)
- reinstalled 4.15.2 (did not reinstall the launcher yet)
- got a new graphics card
- ran editor in lowest settings, bare basics
- stress tested the editor, loaded up and edited a ton of stuff at once, seemed fine for a few minutes, then, fully freezes.
- started a fresh 4.15.2 project, importing just a few assets from the interrogation room project files still fully freezes.
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 On the latest driver for GPU.
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
RAM: 16 GB