[4.15.0] Nativized Blueprint enum warning

Hello,

When packaing a game with nativized assets, the output log shows some warnings about enums. The packaging still works and completes with success, but i thought this might be of interest.

This can easily be reproduced i.e. by just packaging the 4.15 VR template without any modifications.
The warning messages reads like this. But i have attached the log for more details.

‘TEnumAsByte_EnumClass’: TEnumAsByte is not intended for use with enum classes - please derive your enum class from uint8 instead.

Best regards
Michael

Hello HEGI,

I ran a couple of tests on our end. I was unable to reproduce the warning that you are seeing on your end. Could you provide a detailed list of steps (including any small steps that may have been over looked) to reproduce this issue on our end?

I will see what i can do, to provide a more detailed breakdown of the steps.

For the above log, i simply created a new project using the VR template in 4.15, packaging for development and using inclusive method of nativizing blueprint assets. I may also re-install 4.15 again , just to be sure.

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have also provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates. Thank you for your time and information.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-42045)

Make it a great day

Great to hear, thanks!

In released version it produces even error, when (enum == enum) check happend in BPs.