4.14 Released!

Great release! Sadly I have problems with CCD which makes my whole game unplayable.( Answerhub) Seems like I have to stick with 4.13 for now.

The problem you are having with windowed/borderless may be working as intended. There is an option under project settings to start in borderless. I can’t remember what section it’s in, but it was one of the first ones.

If you can’t find it, let me know and I will get the exact location when I can get to my computer.

I feel like FArchive serializer is completely broken in 4.14.

Whenever I call UObject->Serialize(&FArchive) the engine crashes.

The only issue I saw so far, and can be worked around (use dropdowns at zoom 1:1). A bit annoying though.

Wasn’t the case in 4.13.2 so I’m fairly sure it’s not my GFX card or something else.

mesh decals are probably broken in 4.14 (in a bad way resulting in editor crashes) https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/524347/using-deferred-decal-material-crashing-editor.html

Please follow the guide to report any potential bugs. Einen Fehler melden - Unreal Engine

Thanks

Thanks Epic!

So Epics lied about ability to add Map and Set’s in Blueprints, just one small step from making great feature as usual.

Anyone used the -enablehighdpi mode yet?

Just wondering if anyone has used the -enablehighdpi commandline mode in the Editor, and what the known issues are. I’m not sure if there’s any additional public info on ? There is literally only one result in all of Google which references thread: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/13395/is-there-a-retina-version.html

I’d like to know if the text in the menus scale properly without being cut off, like what happens when the Application Scale hack is used in the Widget Reflector.

Thanks!

Anyone else getting crashes in standalone game or packaged builds while streaming lighting scenarios (unload, load)?

EDIT:

Was able to reproduce on fresh empty project, created a bug report here:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/524454/crash-in-standalonepackaged-game-on-win7-when-unlo.html
(Crash in Standalone/Packaged Game on Win7 when unloading Lighting Scenario Streaming Level)**

Everything except the immersive view seems to be working

Thanks RRe36 for the info. I’m not sure if you were answering my question about the -enablehighdpi or if you were referring to a different issue?

I’ve noticed that AA Method option disappeared from Post Process volume. Where can we change the anti aliasing method if we previously were changing it via PostProcess volume?

Postprocessing
New: Added Alpha output support for postprocess materials (optional as a property of the material).
Anti Aliasing method has been removed from Post Process volume settings, and can now only be set from Project Settings under the Rendering section.

Thanks! I somehow missed that while reading release notes.

I was talking about the HighDPI Mode but after some testing I came across some issues.
Widgets won’t scale correctly and will partially be outside the screen. The Blueprint Graph preview line while connecting nodes also seems to be wrong. Moving elements in the Viewport also seems to be suffering from some issues.

Done! Dropdowns display wrongly in non 1:1 zoom in BP - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks so much for testing that and letting me know. That is greatly appreciated! It would be so great to have these High DPI issues sorted out soon, as I recently began testing in 4.13.2 in the Mobile Preview (PIE), and unfortunately there is a bug that prevents you from launching in “portrait” mode unless your monitor is set to its native resolution. I’ve been running my 1440p monitor at 1080p up until now because that’s the only method to get a large enough UI with decent clarity. Using the Windows DPI scaling method, on the other hand, results in everything becoming extremely blurry. I am hoping new High DPI mode will help resolve that, especially since switching screen resolution to native just to access “portrait” mode is quite tedious. I will have to begin testing the HighDPI Mode myself soon and report back.

~

@Epic:
Could you update the documentation to include how to set up the Post Process Animation Blueprints?
Or could someone here explain me how to set them up as I really want to use them for Dynamic Body Armor Animation of my player Mesh.

Greetings
RRe36

Yes, officialForward rendering support.
Awesome work Epic team :slight_smile: