4.13.0 Preview 1 Not Saving Certain Blueprint Connections

I’ve found a bug wherein a blueprint of mine does not save a few particular connections between nodes (a bunch of float values) when I save the blueprint - inc. remigrating the blueprint from the 4.12 project - the floats in particular are all in some way connected to a struct of mine however only these specific connections to this struct are disconnecting during saving/importing - all my other connections are fine.

Hi -Abbott,

  • Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • What steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?
  • Do you have any circular dependencies tied to this functionality?
  • Can you show me a screenshot of the bluerprint setup that is disconnecting?

Yes if I migrate the blueprint to a clean new 4.13 project the same issue occurs.
My blueprint is fairly complex so I’m not sure if you can recreate the issue without a similar blueprint because only these particular connections are breaking despite the same variables and stuff being used elsewhere without issue.
No there are no dependencies that should in any way affect this problem.
Here is a screenshot of what it should be and what it is in 4.13 P1:

Do you have a sample project where this is occurring I can take a look at? I’ll be happy to see what may be occurring.

I’ve just sent you a message with a link to a download of just the project, and another of the working 4.12 content folder (contains the blueprint and it’s dependencies)

Hi ,

Which files should I be looking at for the error to reproduce? I see you have a number of blueprints within the project, any information for me to narrow it down can help to expedite the process.

The ‘LevelSpawnerNewBranchBridgeFix’ blueprint is the one, and the broken links are up at the rightmost section of the highest section of the construction script.

Thank you for submitting a bug report. I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here. You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. As a workaround, instead of splitting your struct pin, use "break " nodes, these do not produce the same results as the get struct output pin being broken in the get node.

Cool, thanks for finding a simple workaround too :slight_smile: