[4.12.3] Localization Dashboard Can't Match Criteria for Packages

I’m experiencing the same problems as mentioned in GatherTextFromAssets commandlet never matches anything - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums on a Windows 10 PC (rather than a Mac as said there), any insights? I’ve hacked together a C++ class with the NSLOCTEXT macro, and Gather from Text Files found that fine (the 1 word count in the below image); however, Gather from Packages does not find the Blueprint variables (text render object, actual text variable, as well as UMG button with tooltip text and a UI text element) I’ve created on a test pawn and test blueprint widget. It reports finding .uasset files, but warns it cannot find anything that matches include/exclude criteria. However, I removed all exclude criteria and the only include criteria is Content/ in the localization dashboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not having the same issue. I am able to get the FText assignments from code files and Blueprints.

Here is a screenshot of my settings for Localization Dashboard:

Here is the collected words and output:

# Game English (United States) translation.
# Copyright 1998-2016 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: Game\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2016-08-25 19:51\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2016-08-25 19:51\n"
"Language-Team: \n"
"Language: en-US\n"
"MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"

#. Key:	8537366545C03CF4537428A16025258F
#. SourceLocation:	/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Blueprints/TestingActor.Default__TestingActor_C.Location
#: /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Blueprints/TestingActor.Default__TestingActor_C.Location
msgid "England"
msgstr "England"

#. Key:	9B26DDB74AE7B80952669EA2061B2B67
#. SourceLocation:	/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Blueprints/ThirdPersonCharacter.Default__ThirdPersonCharacter_C.Location
#: /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Blueprints/ThirdPersonCharacter.Default__ThirdPersonCharacter_C.Location
msgid "United States"
msgstr "United States"

#. Key:	Location
#. SourceLocation:	Source/AH475729/AH475729Character.cpp:40
#: Source/AH475729/AH475729Character.cpp:40
msgctxt "AAH475729"
msgid "Australia"
msgstr "Australia"

The first two are from two different Blueprints with simple Text variables with default values. The third one, “Australia” is in my Character class and is assigned as such:


UPROPERTY( BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "Character | Location" )
FText InheritedLocation;


InheritedLocation = NSLOCTEXT("AAH475729", "Location", "Australia");

If you have anymore information, please post it.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I created a new project local to my computer and it works fine, so I suspect it may have to do with the source control being used for the dysfunctional project. Are there any caveats or documentation I can refer to when working with a system such as Perforce that would cause the uasset files to be skipped over by include criteria? I can’t tell what Enable Source Control is intended to accomplish, for example, so I had left it unchecked to not disturb fellow developers’ work on the project. As a result, I believe have been working with the localization systems without checking any of the changed files such as DefaultEditor.ini in, which may also cause the issue?

If your project doesn’t have the synced files from the other developers, then yeah, I imagine that could be an issue.

As for source control, its mostly up to you on how to manage it. We do have some documentation on how to set it up, though:


Apologies for not being clear, the project is hooked up to Perforce already. The files checked in under version control are present on my machine, as well.

But when I have made edits locally (i.e. created Blueprint objects and added text variables to them myself–without checking in these dummy test objects), the Gather from Packages step says it fails to match the include/exclude criteria, seemingly the same scenario reported in GatherTextFromAssets commandlet never matches anything - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums . I would expect to see either these dummy objects or the existing objects that other developers have created, but none get reported because nothing matches criteria. The only thing I wonder could influence this is whether Enable Source Control’s tickbox is checked when I do these repro steps, but I can’t see any difference in result whether or not I have this option on.

Thanks for your assistance.

Important note our team realized that’s another source of potential problems–we upgraded our project from a pre 4.12.3 version to 4.12.3. Perhaps the assets’ packages are not meeting the inclusion criteria because they’re being made compatible between the old and new engine versions, etc. Going to go with our own XML-driven approach instead for now, thanks for the support, Kyle Langley.