[4.11] Axis Mapping Breaks After One Use, Demo Included

I am not sure what I am doing wrongly, but axis output for mouse x, y seems to stop working (printing 0.0) after 1 usage if cursor is enabled.

I have attached the project file.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press play in the editor and drag the mouse on the viewport, the cube should rotate.

2. Release the mouse, and repeat step 1, cube will stop rotating, axis output are 0.0

link text

Hi SmileyJeff,

While I was able to reproduce this using the project given, I have not been able to reproduce this error in a clean project. Does this occur in a clean, blank project or is this limited to the project provided? Have you tried enabling player input to ensure that the player can access the level blueprint information?

I actually have this issue on my other project and decided to reproduce it with a blank new project as attached in the main post. I tried enabling player input but it didn’t work.

My current workaround is to set Input Mode to Game Only when dragging is true. For some reason without focusing input mode to game, the mouse seems to lose focus after 1 use.

I have entered a bug report, UE-29148, to be assessed by the development staff. It appears you may be able to get around this by locking the mouse to the viewport. Try this to see if it is a suitable workaround. It also appears that the reason this is occurring is due to “Show Mouse Cursor”. If you disconnect this in your sample project you should be able to continue moving the cube as expected.

Thank you!