[4.11.8] Gear VR black screen

In further point regarding: [4.11.8] Assertion failed (GL_MaxColorAttachments) on Android Lollipop - Mobile - Unreal Engine Forums

After finally getting the project to build to the Galaxy S7 - When we build out, we get a black screen on GearVR. What the hell is going on? Last week I built out from 4.11 for a client and it was fine ( the engine was updated from 4.11.7 to 8, I have no way of downgrading now) - in fact it was a drastic improvement over the capabilities that we had previously?

This is everything from launch to the end from logcat, Its important I get this sorted - what has happened in the last 2-6 days, since I last downloaded the engine?

Hello Sythen,

If you turn off Mobile HDR (project settings > Rendering > Mobile > Mobile HDR > Uncheck) does this black screen still occur?

Image for reference:

Hi Sythen,

Please give this GitHub commit a try; it fixes some issues with black screen on GearVR in Preview 8:

link text

Hi,

I ve the same problem since the 4.11 preview 1,
Build works fine on 4.10 but still black with 4.11 preview.
(I’ve not missed to copy past OSIG in the 4.11 folders).

I’m using perforce, is there any way to have this fix?

Thanks

Thank you, but it’s definitely not Mobile HDR - I disable it on all Gear VR projects. :slight_smile:

I’m voting this as the answer as it’s the closest - the issue was actually that I downloaded a non labeled version from Git. My apologies to everyone :slight_smile:

can you explain further how did you solve it?
I’m having the same issue and not able to find a solution yet
my engine version is 4.14, and using galaxy s7

Hello,

The issue that you are having is most likely not the same issue as the original poster. I would suggest creating a new thread for tracking purposes and then posting a link to it here in a reply so that someone can follow up. I would also suggest providing more information in the new thread to help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing. I have provided some example questions below.

Example questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings that may be involved?
  4. Could you elaborate on when exactly you run into a black screen (ex: immediately, after a few seconds, ect. )?

Dear Rudy,

thanks for your prompt response. I actually solved the black screen issue by disabling Google VR plugin and all oculus plugins except oculus Library.
Though I’m facing a different issue now which i will post separately
Thanks!