4.10: Import FBX Crash

Has there been any progress on this?
This issue makes it a big pain to import or reimport animations. Basically I have to keep a 4.9 version of the project around, import animations into the 4.9 version, then copy the uassets into the 4.10 version.

As posted in the 4.11 preview thread, it’s still “under assessment”. :frowning:

The crashes should be fixed as of Preview 2, please post a new bug if this issue is still occurring for you with your crash logs, machine ID and if possible an FBX which causes the issue.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

I can confirm that the crash is fixed for us in 4.11p2. I guess it just got left off the list of fixes. Any chance of seeing this fix backported to 4.10 while we wait for a production-ready version of 4.11?

we were seeing the same crash as OP, and patched up the ApplyUnroll function a little differently in 4.10:

static void ApplyUnroll(FbxNode pNode, FbxAnimLayer pLayer, FbxAnimCurveFilterUnroll* pUnrollFilter)
{
if (!pNode || !pLayer || !pUnrollFilter)
{
return;
}

FbxAnimCurveNode* lCN = pNode->LclRotation.GetCurveNode(pLayer);
if (lCN)
{
	FbxAnimCurve* lRCurve[3];
	lRCurve[0] = lCN->GetCurve(0);
	lRCurve[1] = lCN->GetCurve(1);
	lRCurve[2] = lCN->GetCurve(2);

// Set bone rotation order
	EFbxRotationOrder RotationOrder = eEulerXYZ;
	pNode->GetRotationOrder(FbxNode::eSourcePivot, RotationOrder);
	if (RotationOrder * 2 <= FbxEuler::eOrderSphericXYZ)
	{
		pUnrollFilter->SetRotationOrder((FbxEuler::EOrder)(RotationOrder * 2));

pUnrollFilter->Apply(lRCurve, 3);
	}
}

for (int32 i = 0; i < pNode->GetChildCount(); i++)
{
	ApplyUnroll(pNode->GetChild(i), pLayer, pUnrollFilter);
}

}

4.11p3 looks like it still has the issue.

Hello -

DamirH’s originally reported crash has been fixed by 4.11 Preview 2. If you are still getting a crash after that release, please post a new Answerhub post including your Machine ID and a copy of the FBX which resulted in the crash, ensuring that you have submitted your crash logs via the crash reporter.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum