3D scanned Chocolate Panettone

Hello everyone!
First post here of 2023. My girlfriend and I bought a chocolate panettone for Christmas and I thought: Why not 3d scanning that with RealityScan? :smiley:
I shot some close up pics in order to get more details of cracked chocolate in the final texture.

Hope you like it!

Available on my Sketchfab:

9 Likes

Ah, I see; so you thought you could fool us with this one, huh? There’s no way these aren’t high-rez pictures of a chocolate panettone from which you’ve eaten a piece. :laughing:

All jokes aside, the realistic quality of your 3D-scanned chocolate panettone is mind-blowing, and I am undoubtedly hungry! Thank you for sharing, and Happy New Year! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Hahaha, thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it!!
I’d save you a slice, but no panettone left :grimacing:
Happy New Year! :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s an amazingly crisp (harhar) scan! :+1:

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much!! :smile:

2 Likes

Hey there @andersonrohr !

I absolutely adore this as it’s so shockingly close I can hardly believe that it’s a 3d render. I was curious how long did it take to get everything scanned, refined, and textured? I imagine it’s quicker than usual but I’m sure there is still a lengthy process!

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much!! :smiley:
I think it took me around 1 or 2 days to test all things and figure it out a proper workflow. Now I can do something similar in hours, thanks to RealityScan!

Feel free to read more about the workflow here: Creating a Photorealistic Chocolate Panettone With RealityScan

2 Likes

Hey there @andersonrohr !

That’s absolutely fascinating. Reading through that is different from what I’m used to but I certainly want to try applying it to some of my projects. Thank you for showcasing ans answering questions about this!

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s my pleasure! I’d love to see your results when you test it.
And feel free to contact me if you need any help :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

I’m so happy!! Thank you guys for the staff pick and postcard!! :smile:

Wow, I love its! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you!!! :blush:

1 Like