3D scan based environment | Modular Snowy Landscape

I was fortunate this year as we had a good amount of snowfall, allowing me to capture scans of several snowpiles. This inspired me to create a snowy-themed environment. Initially, I hesitated to include the house because I could only scan it from the front, but I pushed myself and filled in the missing parts in Blender. If you’re curious about the original scan, you can find it here:

I used an iPhone 13 Pro for scanning, mostly relying on the Reality Scan app. I started working on the project last year, aiming to release the pack before Christmas, but unfortunately, I fell ill and only recently found the time to finish it. I spent quite some time tweaking the trees and adding snow to them, which I eventually managed to generate in Houdini. For the background mountains, I also used Houdini, exporting masks to achieve better results. I created two videos—one cinematic style and the other featuring walkthrough scenes captured with the LiveLink app.

I hope you enjoy the environment, and you can expect more 3D scan-based projects from me in the future!

You can find the product here:
https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/profile/Modulus+Studio

5 Likes

Looking good, well done!

Thanks!