Tactic Studios is a game developer specializing in creating premium, story-driven video games for PC. We are looking for a talented 3D artist to join our team and create high quality environment assets for an unannounced project. It is a fully 3D, first-person game set in a science fiction universe.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated artist able to create stunning, realistic environments.
Note: May work remotely, but applicants local to Ontario are preferred.
- Create high and low polygon 3D environment assets for exteriors and interiors.
- Create UVMaps and high quality textures for your assets.
- Develop a beautiful, cohesive layout for the 3D assets, resulting in a realistic, immersive play space.
- Modify and optimize assets based on artistic feedback and performance or memory limitations.
- Expertise modeling and texturing 3D assets using Max or Maya, Zbrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Possess a keenly critical eye for colour, texture, shading, and level layout.
- Understand technical performance and memory considerations and are committed to creating efficient meshes and textures.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Familiarity with modern lighting models, physically-based material systems, and shaders.
- Background in traditional 2D art and illustration.
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging.
- Experience creating real-time visual effects and particle systems.
- Experience with modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- A love of science fiction.
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Portfolio demonstrating the amazing high-poly and low-poly 3D assets and textures that you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
You can view our careers page for more information here: http://www.tacticstudios.com/careers.php